- .TH JACKREC "1" "!DATE!" "!VERSION!"
- .SH NAME
- jackrec \- JACK toolkit client for recording audio
- .SH SYNOPSIS
- .B jackrec
- \-f filename \-d seconds [ \-b bitdepth ] port1 [ port2 ... ]
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- .B jackrec is a basic, but useful, audio recorder that will record
- audio from 1 or more JACK ports to a file on disk. The file format is
- always RIFF/WAV, with samples stored as signed integers. The sample
- bit depth can be selected using the \fI-b\fR option. The file will
- have as many channels as there are ports specified on the command line
- - each channel will contain the data recorded from one port. The user
- should generally specify the duration (in seconds) using the \fI-d\fR
- option. If not specified, jackrec will record until terminated by a
- signal (eg. from Ctrl-c).
- This application is not intended to be a heavy duty audio recorder,
- and originated as an example client to show how to handle threading
- and disk I/O in a JACK client. However, it is a useful, simple
- recorder and is included in the JACK toolkit as a result.