- .TH JACK_FREEWHEEL "1" "!DATE!" "!VERSION!"
- .SH NAME
- jack_freewheel \- JACK toolkit client to control freewheeling mode
- .SH SYNOPSIS
- .B jack_freewheel [y|n]
- .SH DESCRIPTION
- .B jack_freewheel
- Turns freewheeling mode on (y) or off (n). While in freewheeling mode,
- the JACK server does not wait in between process() calls, and does not
- read or write data from/to any audio interface. That results in the JACK graph
- processing data as fast as possible. Freewheeling makes fast exports to
- files possible.
- There is no useful reason to use this tool other than testing. JACK
- clients that use freewheeling will turn it on and off themselves.